The Sport Devices SP3 brake based dynamometer data acquisition kit shares the same hardware with the basic SP1 DAQ but with added load cell support.
It allows users to build brake based dynamometers (chassis or engine) or upgrade existing brake based dynamometer (free floating eddy current, water brake, thrust load, or any other power absorber) with advanced, digital data acquisition system.
The Sport Devices SP3 DAQ works with our free PC software or as stand alone unit thanks to built-in LCD display.
With free software and lifetime firmware updates this is the perfect setup to build or upgrade your dyno.
(less taxes and shipping)
- built-in Load Cell channel with internal amplifier
- DAQ operation controlled directly by hardware button, or from the computer software
- Real time on screen display test results. Tests appears in the screen while the engine accelerates.
- See graphs simultaneously: show or hide any curve.
- Highly accurate and detailed curves: see engine failures easily.
Input / Output specification
- Engine RPM (Capacitive)
- Drum RPM
- Load Cell
- 2x thermocouple type-K (up to 1000°C)
- 4x general analog inputs (0-5V)
- 2x counter inputs *
- 2x servo outputs *
(*) available on request
- Drum RPM input: max. frequency: 15 kHz (6,000 RPM with 150 teeth)
- Hall sensor cable length: 6m
- LCD display: LCD 16×2 Characters
- PC connection/data rate: 115200 baud RS232C (DB9 Conn)
- Power supply: 220V 50Hz/60Hz (Europe) or 115 volt 50Hz/60Hz (USA)
- SP3 DAQ unit
- Hall Effect Digital Sensor for measuring drum speed
- Load Cell (range from 500kg to 1500kg)
- Capacitive pickup to measure engine rpm
- Installation cables
- Start/Run switch
- SportDyno software
- CN1-additional engine RPM input, 0 to 5 volt. Suitable for ECU output, or external adaptors.
- CN2-Drum Speed Sensor (Hall Effect) and Start/Run Switch input
- CN3-Load Cell
- CN4-Digital Counters and Servo outputs (available in future version 4b)
- CN5-Analog connector, Analog channels 1 and 3 (J and L), from 0 to 5 volt, suitable for Wideband Oxygen Sensor
- CN6-Analog connector, Analog channels 2 and 4 (K and M), from 0 to 5 volt, suitable for Wideband Oxygen Sensor