The Sport Devices SP1 inertia dynamometer data acquisition kit is the entry level version of our DAQ Systems.
It allows users to build inertia dynamometers (chassis or engine) and provides input and output capacities for basic test setup.
The Sport Devices SP1 DAQ works with our free PC software or as stand alone unit thanks to built-in LCD display.
With free software and lifetime firmware updates this is the perfect setup to build up your first dyno.
(less taxes and shipping)
- DAQ operation controlled directly by hardware button, or from the computer software
- Real time on screen display test results. Tests appears in the screen while the engine accelerates.
- See graphs simultaneously: show or hide any curve.
- Highly accurate and detailed curves: see engine failures easily.
Input / Output specification
- Engine RPM (Capacitive)
- 2x thermocouple type-K (up to 1000°C)
- 4x general analog inputs (0-5V)
- 2x counter inputs *
- 2x servo outputs *
(*) available on request
- Drum RPM input: max. frequency: 15 kHz (6,000 RPM with 150 teeth)
- Hall sensor cable length: 6m
- LCD display: LCD 16×2 Characters
- PC connection/data rate: 115200 baud RS232C (DB9 Conn)
- Power supply: 220V 50Hz/60Hz (Europe) or 115 volt 50Hz/60Hz (USA)
- SP1 DAQ unit
- Hall Effect Digital Sensor for measuring drum speed
- Capacitive pickup to measure engine rpm
- Installation cables
- Start/Run switch
- SportDyno software
- CN1-additional engine RPM input, 0 to 5 volt. Suitable for ECU output, or external adaptors.
- CN2-Roller Speed Sensor (Hall Effect) and Start/Run Switch input
- CN4-Digital Counters and Servo outputs (available in future version 4b)
- CN5-Analog connector, Analog channels 1 and 3 (J and L), from 0 to 5 volt, suitable for Wideband Oxygen Sensor
- CN6-Analog connector, Analog channels 2 and 4 (K and M), from 0 to 5 volt, suitable for Wideband Oxygen Sensor