The dynoKRAFT MPS170 engine dynamometer offer exceptional high measurement precision together with best-in-class DAQ system and high speed Sport Devices PWS-HS eddy current brake power supply.
The dynoKRAFT MPS170 can be used to test combustion engines without the need for expensive engine test bed. Only engine specific adapter plates are required.
Another useful application is engine testing in snow mobiles and jetski.
It is fully adjustable and can be fitted to most engine stands with affordable clamping system.
dynoKRAFT dynamometers offer many unique features to help you work more efficiently.
Please hover mouse cursor over hot-spots in image to learn more.
Engine mount bumper
is fully adjustable in length.
pneumatically released fail-safe emergency brake.
efficient eddy current brake cooling thanks to controlled bottom-top and front-back airflow.
Exchangeable engine adapter
easily connect the dynamometer with any engine or even vehicles like show mobile or skijet thanks to exchangeable adapters.
The MPS170 offers height adjustment of the complete carrier assembly in range of +/- 100mm.
Integrated Air Tank
The MPS120 includes and built-in air reservoir for e-brake actuation with enough air capacity for multiple brake release operations.
The Sport Devices SP series data acquisition system offers multiple input and output channels and automated test procedures.
The PWS-HS controls the Eddy Current brake with high speed and precision otherwise not found in this price range.
High speed CV shaft used to connect the brake to engine allows for angular deviation.
Air-cooled high torque eddy current brake with peak brake torque of 1700Nm and maximum of 8000 RPM.
The SP-5 DAQ offers integrated closed-loop PID controller which accounts for performance loss and continuously adjusts the brake torque.
Accuracy and Precision
- data acquisition error: < 0,5%
- HP test accuracy error: < 2%
- timing accuracy: 10ns
- data sampling rate: 20ms
- max engine speed (constant): 7500 RPM
- max engine speed (peak): 8000 RPM
- peak brake torque – cold: 1700Nm *
(*) Please contact us for detailed brake torque curves. Recommended long term brake load is 60% for test taking more than 15 minutes.
- hall effect sensor: drum RPM pickup
- power correction factor per: SAE, DIN, ISO, JIS or none
- available test modes:
RPM Constant (engine RPM),
Ramp Test (programmable slope),
- Closed-loop eddy current brake PID Controller with torque monitoring
- speed dependent fan control
- multiple input/output channels
- relay control
- free Software
- free life-time Firmware updates
- engine RPM pickup – inductive and capacitive
- High Speed Ethernet connection
- Remote control of dynamometer and vehicle systems from PC software (throttle actuator, clutch actuator, gear shift, blowers etc.)*
- built in CAN-BUS port
- automatic environmental data acquisition*
- factory calibrated for highest precision
(*) optional equipment required
- very low inertia for short response times to load / RPM change
- high torque retarder with integrated temperature sensor
- machine feet with integrated casters
- minimum maintenance
- pneumatic fail-safe emergency brake with integrated air tank
Dimensions and Weights
- total length: 1368mm
- total width: 1260mm
- total height: 870mm
- shaft lenght adjustable within: +/- 24mm
- axis center height: 570mm
- axis center height adjustable within: +/- 100mm
- weight: ~415kg
- Electric power: 380/400V 50Hz 16A 3-phase*
- Compressed air: 8 bar
- Computer: PC with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 operating system
*Other electrical systems available on request at no extra charge.
- 2 x Brake/Roller speed input
- 1 x Engine Rpm Speed input (Capacitive and Inductive clamps)
- 6 x Analog inputs (0-5v)
- 8 x Thermocouple (type-K)
- 2 x Load Cell input (16/24 bits accuracy with digital zero and gain adjust)
- 1 x Pulse Counter Input (Ex. detonation counter)
- 1 x Run/Stop Button
- 1 x Emergency Stop
- 2 x PWM Brake Control Signal
- 8 x Digital Outputs (12V Relays)
- 1 x Air Speed Output (PWM 0-5v)
- 1 x Servo output / Throttle (PWM 0-5v or RC pulse)
- 1 x RS232 DB9 Connector
- 1 x Ethernet RJ45 Connector
- 1 x CANBUS (provision, future Firmware version)
- 1 x Internal Bluetooth
- Pressure: 300 to 1100 @ +/-1 [mbar]
- Humidity: +/-3,5% [RH]
- Temperature: -40 to +85 @ +/-1 [°C]
Scope of delivery
- dynoKRAFT MPS170 dynamometer incl. Sport Devices SP5 controller and CV shaft
- color shame: RAL 7035 / RAL 9005*
- weather station
- calibration bar
(*) custom RAL colors available at extra charge.
Please use the quotation tool to configure your dynoKRAFT MPS170 engine dynamometer. Our team will get back to your as soon as possible.
Should you have any technical questions or problems using the below form feel free to contact us. Our staff will assist you immediately.